Compressed Natural Gas Vehicle Program
Shrinking our environmental footprint while saving money on fuel
ColdStar was the first trucking company in Canada to purchase class 8 tractors with the 12 Liter Compressed Natural Gas engine.
Our CNG Fleet currently consists of:
- Our CNG Fleet currently consists of 10 x 2014 CXU 603 Mack CNG Tractors with:
- ISX 12 G 400hp Cummins Westport engines
- 13 Speed Eaton Fuller transmissions
- 193 inch wheel bases
- Fuel tanks by Agility, which consist of two frame mounted 45 DGE (Diesel Gallon Equivalent) tanks per truck.
- We also have invested in 3 x 2015 Freightliner M112 5 ton CNG trucks with:
- 8.9 liter ISL G 300hp Cummins Westport engines
- Allison 6 speed automatic transmissions
- Single 45 DGE Frame mounted Agility tanks.
- Read the Private Truck Fleet Magazine article about the ColdStar fleet and process.
- See information on the Fortis BC Natural Gas Vehicle program (including possible incentives)
- Visit the Cummins Westport website
- Nanaimo Mack Truck Sales and Service
- P&R Truck Centre website
Facilities & Fleet
Strict Sanitation Procedures
- Trucks and trailers are washed inside daily with a food-safe enzyme-based product.
- The outside of all trucks and trailers are power-washed weekly.
- The walls of all trucks and trailers are constructed of non-permeable material.
- Regular inspection of fiberglass inside delivery trucks and trailers. Repairs completed promptly.